- You are allowed 2 pieces of checked baggage and 1 carry-on.
- The carry-on must be placed in the overhead compartment. The carry-on cannot be placed on a set or in the central aisle.
- All baggage must be identified.
- During a transfer, you are responsible for moving your baggage.
- Strollers and infant seats are not considered as baggage.
Limit of responsibility
Orléans Express is responsible for checked baggage only (items in the baggage hold), except in case of force majeure, vice of the property or fault of the passenger. Under exceptional circumstances whereby a claim regarding a carry-on bag is justified, the compensation shall not exceed $400.
Maximum weight and dimensions
- Maximum weight: up to 34 kg (75 lbs) *
- Maximum dimensions: up to 60 cm x 60 cm x 90 cm (24’’ x 24’’ x 36’’)
* If the item weights over 23 kg (50 lbs), you have to load it and unload it yourself from the baggage hold.
- Exceptional items like sports equipment, musical instruments are permitted as long as their length is under 2.10 m (7′).
- All bags must be properly closed to ensure protection of their content.
Plastic boxes are allowed and must comply with the same quantity, weight and dimension requirements as conventional baggage.
Items placed in a plastic bag (such as garbage bags or shopping bags) that cannot ensure the protection of its content cannot be checked. Such a bag can be considered as a carry-on only if it is possible to place it in the overhead compartment. However, at the sole discretion of the driver, a big plastic bag that can not be placed in the overhead compartment could be checked at your risk. You could not, in the event of loss or damage, submit any kind of claim to Orléans Express or any other carrier that was used for transfers.
Extra baggage: 3rd and 4th pieces of baggage
Two additional pieces of baggage are allowed at an additional cost of $5 (plus taxes) per item. The extra baggage fee is not eligible for a refund.
Extra baggage: 5th piece of baggage and over
Your 5th piece of baggage and all additional pieces of baggage must be sent via EXPEDIBUS shipping services. The cost will be determined according to the weight and destination of the item, whether or not it travels in the same coach as you.
Stroller and infant seat
Strollers and infant seats are not considered as baggage. A parent is therefore entitled to two pieces of baggage and one carry-on bag besides these items.
Travelling with a bicycle
You can travel with a bicycle or send it via Expedibus shipping service.
How to travel with a bike?
- Transportation fees for a bicycle are $5 (plus taxes and packaging cost) for a one-way trip. These fees apply imperatively.
- Go to the Expedibus service counter and dismantle your bike (front wheel removed and handle bar turned in). A waybill will be completed by one of our agents and insurance options are available ($1000 maximum value).
- You must pack your bike (package box at $10 plus taxes). Orléans Express requires the use of a box to protect the bike during the trip. If you own a folding bicycle, you can use your own carrying case.
- Get your bicycle back upon arrival at destination.
- In case of a transfer, the bicycle will be shipped through the Expedibus shipping service and the driver will be responsible for transferring it.
- We do our best to place your bicycle on the same coach as you. However, it could be placed in another vehicle or on a later departure, depending on the space available. If it is the case, you will then be able to retrieve it at the Expedibus counter of your destination terminal.
- You can also travel with a multifunctional child bike trailer at the additional cost of fee of $5 plus taxes (one-way).
A musical instrument is considered like a piece of baggage. Depending on its size, it will be placed in the overhead compartment or in the baggage hold. Pack it carefully to protect it. Orléans Express accepts no liability for any loss or damage of a musical instrument exceeding $ 250.
Sport equipment such as skis, snowboards, skateboards, golf clubs, fishing rods, firearms*, skates, etc. are considered as baggage. They must be properly packed to protect the item and will be placed in the baggage hold. Orléans Express accepts no liability for any loss or damage of sport equipment exceeding $ 250.
*The firearm must be packed in a locked case and must be placed in the baggage hold. The munitions must be stored separately.
The following items are prohibited on board. Thank you for your understanding!
- Animals, including reptiles and insects. An exception is made for service dogs.
- Hazardous materials.
- Electrolyte batteries.
- Fireworks, firecrackers, distress rockets, firelighters, tear gas.
- Camping stoves, gas bottles, diver’s tanks.
- Paint, varnish and lacquer.
- Toxic or infectious substances and radioactive materials.
- Chemicals, fertilisers, weed killers, pesticides and insecticides.
- Chemical strippers, bleach, chlorine, laundry soap.
- Flammable liquids (gas, thinner, solvent, acetone).
- Cannabis transported for commercial purposes or exceeding the limits permitted by law
Orleans Express reserves the right to check all baggage of all travelers to ensure their safety
Baggage carried at the owner’s risk
Orléans Express accepts no liability for the following items. They are under your sole responsibility, so, if possible, place them in your carry-on!
- Fragile articles (antiques, works of art, etc.).
- Electronic devices (cellphones, tablets, televisions, laptops, computers, video games, cameras and photographic equipment).
- Valuable articles (credit cards, coin or stamp collections, gems and minerals, irreplaceable papers and manuscripts, jewellery, money, stock certificates, watches, glasses etc.)
Lost or Damaged Baggage
Immediately report to the driver or to an agent any lost or damaged baggage so that they can draw up a report.
How to submit a claim?
Gather the following information, according to your situation:
- In case of damaged baggage:
- Your ticket, a receipt or the order number of the trip
- A detailed description of the item and pictures
- An estimate of the repair (if applicable)
- In case of lost baggage:
- Your ticket, a receipt or the order number of the trip
- A detailed description of the item
Scan the documents (or take pictures) and send them all to the Client Service as soon as possible (maximum period of 30 days) using the Contact Form. No claim will be possible without a proof of the trip. Baggage tracking will be conducted for a maximum of 30 days.
Have you lost something on board?
- Advise an agent before leaving the terminal.
- Contact our Central Baggage Office through our Contact Form or call one of our representatives at 418 650-0087 or 1 800 363-7279.
Don’t forget to mention:
- Your name, phone number and/or email address,
- The date of the trip,
- A detailed description of the item.
Exclusive discounts to subscribers
Enjoy exclusive discounts for subscribers to our newsletter!