Travelling in a wheelchair
The Orléans Express coaches are accessible to everyone! Please arrive at least 30 minutes before departure time, so we can offer you priority boarding.
Temporary measure: Since the seating capacity of coaches is limited due to the sanitary measures in place, the possibility of transferring to a seat will no longer be offered. Customers who have booked an accessible coach must remain seated in their wheelchair during the trip.
If you travel in a wheelchair, please take the time to identify your need:
- If you can board by the steps and if you travel with a manual wheelchair, you are free to travel on the departure of your choice and we will put your wheelchair in the baggage hold.
- If you need a lift-equipped coach, you must submit a request at least 3 days prior to your travel date. Complete the Contact Form (select Paratransit Services) or contact our Client Service at 1-833-449-6444.
Your accompanying person can travel with you free of charge under certain conditions (see above).
Orléans Express has four lift-equipped coaches with anchoring systems for wheelchairs. These vehicles can accommodate two wheelchairs at a time and are available on all our network towards any destination we serve. The bus driver is not authorized to lift you or your wheelchair nor to perform any effort that might induce any potential injury.
Please make sure that your wheelchair or scooter meets the following specifications:
- Platform size of our accessible coaches: 47 x 30 inches.
- Maximum weight: 272 kg (600 lbs), including the passenger.
- The wheelchair must be equipped with anchoring eyelets in order to be safely secured to the coach floor.
In keeping with legal requirements, the driver must use the anchoring system provided by the bus manufacturer. Wearing the wheelchair safety belt alone is not sufficient.
Note: our coaches are not equipped with ramps to load wheelchairs and/or scooters in the baggage hold.
For passengers with respiratory issues – oxygen tanks are accepted.
There is a compensation protocol if Orléans Express cancels an accessible transportation service. For all details, see the Terms and Conditions under “Delayed departure and out of our control event”or click here.
Subscribe to the Orléans Express newsletter today. New routes and promotions delivered directly to your inbox.
This email is not valid.